Living in a house provides more rooms and space, but also more work to do. The yard is a reason for which many couples prefer it, especially as it is a perfect place for children and pets. Many people know and have already experienced how fast the grass grows. However, it is mandatory to keep the yard look nice and for this, you require a practical tool to suit your needs. The best weed eater is the one that manages to ease your work. Purchasing the right one for you may be a bit challenging as there are different types with certain functions. This means that choosing one randomly can only provide a negative experience and can turn out to be useless.
The weed eater is a versatile tool that can help you keep the yard tidy. It has an intelligent design, allowing you to reach even small places and get rid of unwanted bushes. The operational system is quite easy, and you must not be a professional in order to use if effectively. The grass is cut by a nylon string that is spun by a motor at a very high speed. Remember not to get fooled by the material as it is very powerful, and you can easily cut yourself if you do not pay attention. Fortunately, it can be maneuvered with ease, so there should be no problem keeping it at a safe distance from your body. In order to make sure that you choose the best weed eater for your house, check out this guide to learn more about this product.
Advantages of Best Weed Eaters
The main purpose of weed eaters is to cut of grass and weeds. Besides this basic use, there are other great advantages of owning such a product:
- You can cut even thorny vines without hurting yourself, thus prevent them from spreading;
- You can trim at an optimum size small shrubs and bushes;
- You can mulch leaves. All you need to do is to hold it against the ground for a few seconds;
- You can carry it with ease. This is also available for the best string trimmer, as it allows you to move freely in every corner of the yard.
Types of Weed Eaters
Before choosing the right product for your yard it is important to understand how it works and how it can be efficient for you. To be more precise, the three types of weed eaters are:
- Battery powered
- Gas powered
Electric weed eaters
Electric weed eaters are a perfect choice for small yards and lawns. Their mobility is restricted by an electric cord. In order to choose the best string trimmer remember to calculate the distance from the outlet to the end of the yard. Make sure that the extension cord can cover the whole surface.
The main advantages of owning such a device are the fact that they are lighter in weight than the other two types, and they are also quieter. In order to start them, you only need to press a button. Another great thing about electric trimmers is the fact that they are environmental friendly as they do not emit any type of gas.
Battery powered trimmers
Battery powered trimmers are very light and do not make any type of noise. The main advantage of these devices is their portability. They can be taken anywhere and are helpful tools even in prolonged power outage situations. It is important to know that you will need to replace the battery once it is dried out. Furthermore, it is strongly advisable to own an extra one, especially if there is much work to do, as it may burn.
Gas powered weed eaters
Gas powered weed eaters are the most powerful among the three types. This means that you can use them for a heavy duty without worrying that they may burn. The motor is powered by gas or a mixture of oil and gas. If you want a certain type remember to check the model’s details. The main advantage of gas powered trimmers is the fact that they are not restricted by anything and can reach even the most distant edge of the yard.
They are also a perfect choice for fields near the house or for homes with a wide yard. Remember that the string can break due to the heavy use so it is highly advisable to buy extra nylon cord when you purchase this type of weed eater. The main disadvantages of gas powered devices are the fact that they produce a louder noise and are heavier than the other two models.
Tips for Choosing the Best Weed Eater
In order to choose the best weed eater you must start by analyzing your needs. This implies the surface that needs to be trimmed as well as the quality of the grass and weed. Besides these aspects, remember to consider the following tips:
- Decide on a certain type. There are three types of weed eaters available: electric, gas powered and battery powered. The first one requires to be connected to a socket in order to be functional, while the other two are 100% independent.
- Decide on the features. Each design comes with certain features included in order to ease your work. An important aspect that must not be neglected is the ability to be adjusted. This includes both the height and the handles. If you have small children make sure that there are safety measures included in order to prevent unwanted injuries.
- Make sure that it is useful. The utility is extremely important, and this includes the weight. If you know that you have some back problems, or you are not allowed to lift avoid purchasing a heavy device as you may not be able to use it. Remember to check the measurements and specifications and see how the motor in powered, and if it is convenient for you.
- Check the reviews. The best indicator of a product is the reviews of people that have actually bought it. Once you have decided on a certain product remember to check if what you buy is what you receive.
Trimming the yard is a common activity. It provides a safe playground for children and also enhances the aspect of your home. Choosing the best weed eater can turn out to be pretty easy if you consider certain aspects. Their purpose is to ease your work by providing a fast and effective usage. Avoid making a purchase without analyzing the surface of the garden and the frequency you need to trim it. These devices are designed to last as long as you use them as indicated. Remember to choose a product that it is covered by a convenient warranty.